Now that I’m back to competing regularly, I’d like to spread the word on Hammer Nutrition products that optimize my dancing, and helped me recover from injury earlier this year. A great source of information is The Athlete Education Series. It’s a resource that provides the science and rationale behind specific Hammer Nutrition fuels and supplements, along with other helpful tips. Armed with this information, you’ll have a greater knowledge of the various Hammer Nutrition products, what they contain and why, and how best to use them. Today’s spotlight is on Hammer Gel! I never start a road trip without it!
Hammer Gel (AES vol 10.14)
The natural choice for rock-solid energy for nearly two decades!
By Hammer Nutrition
Since 1995, Hammer Gel has set the pace for providing athletes concentrated carbohydrate energy—without any refined simple sugars, or artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners of any kind. For consistent energy, Hammer Gel stands alone in today’s glutted market of energy products. A look at the ingredient list on the label will tell you why:
1.) Hammer Gels contain NO added, non-beneficial simple sugars.
To enjoy high-quality sustained energy, avoid any fuel that contains added carbohydrates in the form of simple sugars. Simple sugars usually end in “-ose” (i.e., glucose, sucrose, fructose, etc.). When you see an “ose” sugar listed on the label, run the other way! Here’s why:
- They provide inconsistent and short-lived “flash and crash” energy. Riding a roller coaster of energy – feeling great for a few moments, then struggling to overcome an energy rut – is no way to enjoy your workouts or achieve top race results.
- They supply very low amounts of usable calories for energy. A calorically weak simple sugar concentration of 6-8% is the limit; higher concentrations will be digested less efficiently, resulting in an increased risk of digestive problems such as nausea, bloating, cramping, and diarrhea.
- They increase the potential for over-hydration and its host of associated problems. When you try to fulfill your body’s calorie requirements by consuming increased quantities of simple sugar-containing energy gels, you must drink large amounts of fluids to adequately digest them.
2.) Hammer Gels DO contain complex carbohydrates for rock-solid, long-lasting energy.
- They deliver substantially more calories (up to 3x more!) for use as energy than simple sugar mixtures can. Because complex carbohydrates match body fluid osmolality at a more concentrated (15-18%) solution, they exit the GI tract at the same efficient rate as normal body fluids do. Simple sugar solutions are limited to a 6-8% concentration; at higher concentrations, they’re likely to cause digestive problems.
- Maltodextrin raises blood sugar levels fast during and immediately after exercise. With a Glycemic Index (GI) value of 100, Hammer Gel’s maltodextrin works as effectively as glucose (also 100 GI) and faster than other simple sugars such as sucrose (58-65) and fructose (12-25).
- They don’t cause the rapid drop in energy – that undesirable “peak and valley” or “flash and crash” effect – common with simple sugars.
3.) Hammer Gel does NOT contain excessive amounts of sodium.
Simple-sugar based fuels MUST add sodium for efficient digestion, not to fulfill electrolyte requirements – which sodium alone cannot do. Hammer Nutrition’s Endurolytes and Fizz allow you to meet your electrolyte requirements with precision; together, Hammer Gel and Endurolytes or Fizz are the ideal calorie and electrolyte replenishment solution!
4.) Hammer Gels are natural, gluten-free, and available in 10 delicious flavors, including new Peanut Butter.
Hammer Gels are made only with real fruit and other wholesome ingredients. Just as they have since 1995, Hammer Gels contain no artificial flavors, colors, or ingredients of any kind. With 10 delicious flavors – including our new and extremely popular Peanut Butter Hammer Gel – you’re sure to find several to enjoy hour after hour! They’re gluten-free, kosher, and vegan-certified, too. TIP: With 1 gram protein and 2 grams fat per serving, new Peanut Butter Hammer Gel is perfect for ultra-events.
Convenience: any way you like it
Choose either single-serving pouches for energy on the go, or cost-effective, eco-friendly 26-serving jugs. We recently completely redesigned our single-serve packets: they’re now significantly smaller and much easier to open. With our new Hammer Gel pouches, there’s less waste and less hassle – with the exact same serving size! Both single-serves and jugs are available in all 10 flavors; unflavored is available in jugs.
Drink Hammer Gel straight, add it to your water bottle, or combine it with Sustained Energy, HEED, or Perpetuem to create a variety of tasty energy combinations for any length activity – anywhere, anytime. Our clients tell us they love mixing Hammer Gel flavors too: try Chocolate and Espresso, Peanut Butter and Raspberry, Banana, Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. Our Hammer Flask makes it easy to create your own custom gel!
You can purchase Hammer Gel in a variety of ways to suit your needs:
Hammer Gel Sampler Kit – 10 single-serving pouches (one in every flavor, except Unflavored) for just $11.95. That’s about $1.20 per serving!
26-serving jugs – $19.95 each, or about 77¢ per serving. (HINT: When you find a flavor of Hammer Gel that you really like, this is the ideal way to purchase it!)
3+ jugs – just $17.95 per jug, or a mere 69¢ per serving! Mix or match flavors. (HINT: When you find a few flavors of Hammer Gel that you really like, this is by far the best way to purchase them!)
For long-lasting energy, delicious natural ingredients, and super convenience – all at an economical price – Hammer Gel is the energy gel you want. Plus, thanks to the naturally occurring protein and fat in Peanut Butter Hammer Gel, you now have a an “ultra gel” option that helps fulfill fueling needs during longer-duration workouts and races.
Experience what thousands of athletes already know: Hammer Gel is the premier energy gel, and it will make a positive difference in your workouts and races! HN
As a “PS” to the above article by Hammer Nutrition, I’ve had great success with Hammer Gel because it keeps me going strong and energized during long days on the competition floor, without experience headaches. At Cleveland Dancesport Challenge, I used Gel in conjunction with Hammer Bars, to ward off hunger. About one half to one bar per hour seems to work for me, and Hammer Bars contain no refined sugar, and are gluten and dairy free!
Here’s to your health, passion, joy, and your sport! Hammer On!
© Charlene M Proctor and The Goddess Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more affirmations, read The Women’s Book of Empowerment: 323 Affirmations that Change Everyday Problems into Moments of Potential.